By N.K. Babar
Mother’s Day is a holiday honoring motherhood that is observed in over 40 different countries.
It has been an official U.S. holiday since 1914. While dates and celebrations vary, Mother’s Day most commonly falls on the second Sunday in May and it has become a tradition to present mothers with flowers, cards and other gifts on this day.
This year, Mother’s Day is on May 14th. So, if you want to surprise your mother with the perfect gift, you have got just about enough time to find it. Of course, flowers and a card are good enough, but if you want to surprise your mother with something a little more unique this Mother’s Day, you have to come to the right place. Here are top suggestions:
- Unique Apparel such as the Pashmina Full Size Shawls at http://khyberbazaar.com/product-category/women. Not only do they come in several different colors, but they are also a very practical gift. They add a little something to just about any outfit and keep you warm.
The best part is that they are pretty affordable. Unusual shawls are definitely an excellent gift idea for any occasion.
- Products from other countries and cultures, such as this gorgeous dari at http://khyberbazaar.com/shop/accessories/dari-a003, a staple of life in Pakistan. Its vibrant colors make it a very versatile piece. It can be used as a floor mat, a bed spread, prayer mat or throw, depending on your personal preference. And it costs only $29.99. Your mom will
definitely find a use for it and appreciate having a piece representing a distant culture in her home.
- A handcrafted quilt. Yet another unique item that can be found at http://khyberbazaar.com/product-category/accessories. Go the extra mile and present your mother with this unique quilt made from pieces of wedding dresses and other fancy dresses. Stitched together by hand, this piece will make a great spread, tapestry or throw. It is a quite big and statement piece and we think your mom deserves to have this one of a
kind quilt in her living room.
- Prayer Mat. Thick rug material blue and light gold. Thick for comfort, bright and elegant.
- Rosary Beads / Prayer Beads / Tasbeeh
Made from date pits, make a good gift for someone who prays a lot.
Do you have some ideas about good mother’s day gifts? If so, enter them in the comments section below and we will publish them.
Happy Mother’s Day!